The Role Access Plays in Getting Your House Sold!
So you’ve decided to sell your house. You’ve hired a real estate professional to help you with the entire process and they have asked you what level of access you want to provide to potential buyers.
There are four elements to a quality listing. At the top of the list is Access, followed by Condition, Financing and Price. There are many levels of access that you could provide to your agent to be able to show your home.
Here are five levels of access that you could provide to a buyer with a brief description:
- Lockbox on the Door – This allows buyers the ability to see the home as soon as they are aware of the listing, or at their convenience.
- Providing a Key to the Home – Although the buyer’s agent may need to stop by an office to pick up the key, there is little delay in being able to show the home.
- Open Access with a Phone Call – The seller allows showing with just a phone call’s notice.
- By Appointment Only (example: 48 Hour Notice) – Many out-of-town/state buyers and relocation buyers visit an area they would like to move to and only have the weekend to view homes. They may not be able to plan that far in advance, or may be unable to wait the 48 hours to be shown the house.
- Limited Access (example: the home is only available on Mondays or Tuesdays at 2 pm or for only a couple of hours a day) – This is the most difficult way to be able to show your house to potential buyers.
In a competitive marketplace, access can make or break your ability to get the price you are looking for, or even sell your house at all.
- Why Pre-Approval Should Be Your First Step
- Where Are Interest Rates Headed?
- The Power of Pre-Approval for Agents
- No Lender Fees
- How Low Interest Rates Increase Your Purchasing Power
- Flipped Property Finance Options
- FICO Scores
- Duplex Financing Options
- Discount Points vs Premium Pricing
- Delayed Financing Options
- Jumbo - Credit Challenged
Home Buyer Tips
- What You Need To Know About VA Loans
- USDA-Wide Open Spaces
- The Perfect Home Loan Application
- The Mortgage Process
- Student Loan Debt
- Rising Rent - No Problem
- Rent vs. Buy
- Ready To Make An Offer? 4 Tips For Success
- Path 2 Buy
- Mortgage Insurance
- Look for a Luxury Home? Now’s The Time To Act!
- How We Safe Guard Your Information
- How to know if it’s a condo?
- Getting a Mortgage: Why So Much Paperwork?
- FHA 90 Day Property Flip Waiver
- Do’s and Don’ts During The Loan Process
- Condo Loans - Low Down Payment
- 5 Reasons Home Ownership is a Good Financial Investment
- 2 Myths That May Be Holding You Back From Buying
- Niche - Unique Mortgages
- Veterans Assistance Loan Benefits
- Reverse Mortgage
- Loan Programs - Pros & Cons
- Jumbo Loans
- HUD-184 Native American Program
- HomeStyle Renovation
- FHA 203k Streamline Rehab Loan
- FHA “Back-To-Work: Extenuating Circumstances” Program
- FHA - Home Ownership Opportunities
- FasTrac Approval Process
- 3 Reasons Why First-Time Home Buyers Love FHA
- Home Ready Program
- Jumbo Plus Loans
- Union Advantage
- NHF Platinum - Down Payment Assistance
- HomeScout: Your Unfair Advantage
- FHA - Refinance
- FHA - Limited Savings
- FHA - Benefits
- FHA - Credit Requirements
- Fannie Mae - 97% LTV
- Family Opportunity Program
- Jumbo - Medical Loan Program
- Luxury Home - 2 Million Max
- Non-Resident Alien Home Loan