Student Loan Debt
The broad burden of student loan debt.
Student loan debt impacts 44 million people in the United States and 41% report that they are delaying homeownership because they find it difficult to qualify for a mortgage due to the impact of these loans on their debt-to-income ratios.
Help is on the way for homebuyers with student loan debt.
We are excited to announce that Fannie Mae is making it easier for home buyers with student loan debt to purchase or refinance a home by implementing the following guideline changes:
- Changes to how debt-to-income ratios are calculated for borrowers with student loans
- Expanded guidelines that allow borrowers to pay off student loans without the typical rate increase that’s required for cash out transactions
- Exclusion of student loan payments from debt-to-income ratio calculations when a borrower can verify those payments are made by a family member with 12 month’s canceled checks
Now is a great time to connect with your clients who have been impacted by student loan debt to let them know Fannie Mae is making changes to help them!
Reach out to me today to learn more about how your buyers can benefit from these new guidelines when buying a home.
- Why Pre-Approval Should Be Your First Step
- Where Are Interest Rates Headed?
- The Power of Pre-Approval for Agents
- No Lender Fees
- How Low Interest Rates Increase Your Purchasing Power
- Flipped Property Finance Options
- FICO Scores
- Duplex Financing Options
- Discount Points vs Premium Pricing
- Delayed Financing Options
- Jumbo - Credit Challenged
Home Buyer Tips
- What You Need To Know About VA Loans
- USDA-Wide Open Spaces
- The Perfect Home Loan Application
- The Mortgage Process
- Student Loan Debt
- Rising Rent - No Problem
- Rent vs. Buy
- Ready To Make An Offer? 4 Tips For Success
- Path 2 Buy
- Mortgage Insurance
- Look for a Luxury Home? Now’s The Time To Act!
- How We Safe Guard Your Information
- How to know if it’s a condo?
- Getting a Mortgage: Why So Much Paperwork?
- FHA 90 Day Property Flip Waiver
- Do’s and Don’ts During The Loan Process
- Condo Loans - Low Down Payment
- 5 Reasons Home Ownership is a Good Financial Investment
- 2 Myths That May Be Holding You Back From Buying
- Niche - Unique Mortgages
- Veterans Assistance Loan Benefits
- Reverse Mortgage
- Loan Programs - Pros & Cons
- Jumbo Loans
- HUD-184 Native American Program
- HomeStyle Renovation
- FHA 203k Streamline Rehab Loan
- FHA “Back-To-Work: Extenuating Circumstances” Program
- FHA - Home Ownership Opportunities
- FasTrac Approval Process
- 3 Reasons Why First-Time Home Buyers Love FHA
- Home Ready Program
- Jumbo Plus Loans
- Union Advantage
- NHF Platinum - Down Payment Assistance
- HomeScout: Your Unfair Advantage
- FHA - Refinance
- FHA - Limited Savings
- FHA - Benefits
- FHA - Credit Requirements
- Fannie Mae - 97% LTV
- Family Opportunity Program
- Jumbo - Medical Loan Program
- Luxury Home - 2 Million Max
- Non-Resident Alien Home Loan