Look for a Luxury Home? Now’s The Time To Act!
If your house no longer fits your needs and you are planning on buying a luxury home, now is a great time to do so! According to Trulia’s Market Mismatch Study, buyers are in control in today’s premium home market.
The inventory of homes for sale in the luxury market far exceeds those searching to purchase these properties in many areas of the country. This means that homes are often staying on the market longer, or can be found at a discount.
Those who have a starter or trade-up home to sell will find buyers competing, and often entering bidding wars, to be able to call your house their new home.
The sale of your starter or trade-up house will aid in coming up with a larger down payment for your new luxury home. Even a 5% down payment on a million-dollar home is $50,000.
But not all who are buying luxury properties have a home to sell first.
A recent Washington Post article gave some insight into what many millennials are choosing to do:
“Some high-earning millennials save money until they are in their early 30s to buy a place and just skip over that starter-home phase. They’ll stay in an apartment until they can afford to pay for the place they want.”
The best time to sell anything is when demand is high and supply is low. If you are currently in a starter or trade-up house that no longer fits your needs, and are looking to step into a luxury home… Now’s the time to list your house for sale and make your dreams come true.
- Why Pre-Approval Should Be Your First Step
- Where Are Interest Rates Headed?
- The Power of Pre-Approval for Agents
- No Lender Fees
- How Low Interest Rates Increase Your Purchasing Power
- Flipped Property Finance Options
- FICO Scores
- Duplex Financing Options
- Discount Points vs Premium Pricing
- Delayed Financing Options
- Jumbo - Credit Challenged
Home Buyer Tips
- What You Need To Know About VA Loans
- USDA-Wide Open Spaces
- The Perfect Home Loan Application
- The Mortgage Process
- Student Loan Debt
- Rising Rent - No Problem
- Rent vs. Buy
- Ready To Make An Offer? 4 Tips For Success
- Path 2 Buy
- Mortgage Insurance
- Look for a Luxury Home? Now’s The Time To Act!
- How We Safe Guard Your Information
- How to know if it’s a condo?
- Getting a Mortgage: Why So Much Paperwork?
- FHA 90 Day Property Flip Waiver
- Do’s and Don’ts During The Loan Process
- Condo Loans - Low Down Payment
- 5 Reasons Home Ownership is a Good Financial Investment
- 2 Myths That May Be Holding You Back From Buying
- Niche - Unique Mortgages
- Veterans Assistance Loan Benefits
- Reverse Mortgage
- Loan Programs - Pros & Cons
- Jumbo Loans
- HUD-184 Native American Program
- HomeStyle Renovation
- FHA 203k Streamline Rehab Loan
- FHA “Back-To-Work: Extenuating Circumstances” Program
- FHA - Home Ownership Opportunities
- FasTrac Approval Process
- 3 Reasons Why First-Time Home Buyers Love FHA
- Home Ready Program
- Jumbo Plus Loans
- Union Advantage
- NHF Platinum - Down Payment Assistance
- HomeScout: Your Unfair Advantage
- FHA - Refinance
- FHA - Limited Savings
- FHA - Benefits
- FHA - Credit Requirements
- Fannie Mae - 97% LTV
- Family Opportunity Program
- Jumbo - Medical Loan Program
- Luxury Home - 2 Million Max
- Non-Resident Alien Home Loan